UPDATE: EXTENDED UNTIL END OF JANUARY 2015
MECHANICS / GUIDELINES
The contest is open to all interested individual. A maximum of two entries per contestant will be accepted.
Contest starts on 5 of December 2014, Friday and ends on 23 of December 2014, Tuesday.
LOGO DESIGN AND FEATURES
The logo must reflect the Vision-Mission statement of the Ospital ng Palawan:
- To be a Premier End Referral, Tertiary Hospital and Medical Center
- We provide quality health care through competent, dedicated and compassionate staff, for the improvement of life for all especially the poor.
- We provide immediate attention to every individual in need regardless of creed, color, sex, socio-economic status or political affiliation.
- We endeavor to achieve financial stability, long-term sustainability to continuously upgrade the knowledge, attitudes and skills of health human resources through trainings, studies and research.
- We are dedicated to health promotion and prevention of disease, accidents, and injuries thru public health program advocacy.
Additional information on the ONP may be accessed through this website
- The logo should contain the following text: Department of Health and Ospital ng Palawan
- Entries should be submitted in printed and digital copy to A4 bond paper size 6 x 6 inches. Digital copy should be in flat jpeg format and Adobe Photoshop minimum of 300 pixels. Filename is your name and artwork title.
- Entries must be accompanied by a description and filled application form.
Judging will be carried out according to the following criteria:
Concept / Relevance: 35%
Creativity and Impact: 25%
Ospital ng Palawan employees attended a five-day Training Course on International Classification of Diseases (ICD) Version 10 held at the Conference Hall started September 15, 2014.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the ICD is the standard diagnostic tool for epidemiology, health management and clinical purposes. It is used to translate diagnoses of diseases and other health problems recorded on death certificates and health records from words into an alphanumeric code, which permits easy storage, retrieval and analysis of the data. ICD-10 is the 10th revision of the tool that contains codes for diseases, signs and symptoms, abnormal findings, and external causes of injury or diseases.
The hospital management foresaw the need for the training of the staff due to the retirement of the hospital clinical coder, Mr. Eufemio Tabang. It is also a way to motivate and increase staff awareness and education to permit the systematic recording, analysis, interpretation and comparison of mortality and morbidity data of the hospital.
Personnel from different departments including the Records Section, Billing and Claims Section, and Nursing Service comprised the attendance. Ms. Florinda Z. Tuvillo, National ICD-10 Trainer, and Ms. Neriza N. Ellfort, facilitated and led light throughout the training.
As part of Hospital Week Celebration, the Ospital ng Palawan conducted “ONP Operation Balik Alindog…A Hataw Exercise” last August 12, 2014 at 3:00PM in front of the main building. Ms. Beth Caabay, Health Education and Promotion Officer (HEPO) spearheaded the activity and was participated by hospital staff from different departments. The main objective of the said event is to promote healthy lifestyle .